As the rather self-explanatory title of today's post sums up, I recently decided to create a fun vintage food related tag, which I answered myself in the YouTube video below. :)
If you'd like to play along as well, and I really hope that you will, you can do so either via a blog post and/or a YouTube video, so it's totally open to folks in either (or both) spheres.
Here, more or less word for word :), are the fifteen questions that I created, as they appear in my video:
1. What are three of your favourite vintage foods that are still around (aka, on the market) nowadays?
2. What is one of the vintage (food) brand that you like the most and why (do you like it)?
3. Do you cook vintage recipes sometimes yourself?
4. Do you have a favourite vintage recipe?
5. What is one of your most treasured recipes that came down to you through your family or someone else dear to you?
6. Who/what is your favourite vintage food mascot?
7. What is your favourite vintage decade from a culinary standpoint?
8. One or more great vintage store bought foods that you wish they'd bring back?
9. Do you ever serve vintage dishes for parties, holidays, or other special occasions?
10. And if so, is there one (holiday, etc) in particular that you like to make vintage dishes for above all the others?
11. Do you collect vintage cookbooks/recipe booklets?
12. Do you have a favourite vintage cookbook?
13. One thing that you think was better about vintage food/recipes?
14. And one thing that you think is better about modern food/recipes?
15. What would your dream vintage meal be?
♥ ♥ ♥
Of course, if you don't want to answer all these questions, but would like to share your replies for one or more of them with me, please feel free to do so either here in the comment section of this post or over on YouTube.
Fall really does equal the return of comfort food season, which was also a big driving force behind the creation of this fun tag, and I'm absolutely thrilled about that fact! There are several delicious fall and winter vintage recipes that I've been tucking away throughout the year to share with all of you here once the mercury plummeted and I'll certainly be doing just that in coming months.
Many thanks to all those who play along - be sure to share links to your posts or videos if you do so that I can check out and enjoy reading/hearing your answers to the Vintage Food Tag as well!